Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chae Yeon’s photo album had record sales 090910


Sexy singer Chae Yeon revealed today on Mnet show “Beatle’s Code” that her 2008 photo album sold a record amount of copies.

She stated during the interview, “Though there probably hasn’t been anyone to break my record… in reality, I haven’t made that much money from it.” She also added, “People think I made a lot of money from photo album sales, but that’s not true. When my photo album came out, most of the other albums featured nude pictures so I though mine wouldn’t be that popular. I didn’t think anyone would want an album of me clothed so I wasn’t expecting much and I didn’t make an agreement for royalties.”

Despite her doubts, Chae Yeon revealed that the photo album went on to sell a million copies. Understandably, she was a bit disappointed that she had settled for a one-time payment.

DJ Doc also appeared on the show sharing a similar experience. “After our debut, our popularity rose and we made a good amount of money, but there were many costs as well so we suffered a lot. It was so bad that during promotions for our 6th album, we only had two outfits for our single ‘I Wanna’. Performing on four music programs with only two outfits was difficult so we ended up stopping our appearances.”

Credits: Newsen and Allkpop

2 comments:

  1. aisyioo...chae yeon suppose to take that royalty....she really pretty and sexy...who doesnt want that photobook...i also want one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will support u..chae yeon...fighting!!

    ReplyDelete