Monday, November 16, 2009

Sohu Interview 161109


BEFORE YOU READ THE INTERVIEW, JUST A NOTE! THE MAMA AWARDS IS ON THIS SATURDAY AND YEONIE HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY BADA FOR THE SECOND PLACE, PLEASE SUPPORT YEON BY VOTING!!

NOTE: I only translated the section relating to her concert~

(Firstly, please greet the Sohu audience.)
Yeon: Hello everyone, I am Chae Yeon! Nice to meet everyone! *waves*

(We would like to congratulate you for your first solo concert in China next month! What are you anticipating?)
Yeon: Firstly, I'm most anticipating to see how many fans will be coming to watch the concert? So, I'm a little bit nervous. And the other thing is what will fans think of my performance.

(Fans want to know if you are preparing anything specially for the concert? You are defintely going to sing some Chinese songs, can you reveal any other preparations?)
Yeon: Due to my Chinese not being very fluent and I'm not able to communicate properly with fans, I feel very regretful. In the concert, I will be performing many songs which I have not performed in Korea as a gift to China fans.

(What is your current level of Chinese fluency?)
Yeon: Ah, I haven't been learning chinese through private tutoring, I've been learning through breaks during functions. But, Chinese is too hard, I feel that I haven't been making a big improvement.

(What is the most difficult thing about learning Chinese?)
Yeon: I think it's the pronounciation, Korean isn't the same as Chinese which has four different tones. So, when I use one tone to say something in Chinese, Chinese friends don't understand what I'm saying.

(Earlier at the press conference, it was revealed that you will be releasing a second Chinese album. Can you introduce the album to us?)
Yeon: Recording has already finish, there will be two new chinese songs. Even though, my chinese pronounciation is quite alright at times, but I still has to record several times. Before, I participate in "Just the Two of Us" program, there was one week where I had to memorise three Chinese songs which has helped make the recording successful.











Source Credit: Leechaeyeon.com
Translation Credit: ST@Yeonic

1 comment: